HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Concerning Ranks...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marvolo
Admin

PostSubject: Concerning Ranks...   Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:34 am

apologies in advance guys and girls as I know these have been changed a lot recently.

The new Ranks may not have the most creative names but they are in my opinion needed in order for the guild to reinstate a little more order amongst us all and so people know they're roles a little more.

Commander - Obviously the GM rank, here to help out with issues and ideas, generally make sure the harmony is kept in place, obviously player to player grudges should be dealt with by yourselves but the GM & Officers have rights to step in if necessary.

Assistant - The officers of the guild, here to help your time more enjoyable and there to listen to ideas & issues also, roles will include much of the same as GM, and will once a month join a (hopefully) short online meeting to discuss this issues as a group.

Raider - Currently there are NO players in this rank because a) there are no level 80's yet and b) no teams have been decided on, I understand that some players don't want to raid and shall not be forced into it under any circumstances, should you wish to be part of the raid team(s) then I (or one of the officers) shall be setting up a post in the not too distant future. This rank has been implemented but is currently not used.

Death Dealer - The General level 70+ Rank, Players in this rank have earned they're keep by showing they're dedication to the game, level 70+ players have access to bank tab 4 (the northrend tab)

Slayer - Anyone between levels 20-70 are eligible for this rank, it provides some limited use of the guild bank and you should be checking it regularly for items donated that you are able to use, we have a good system of donations in the Guild Bank, please make sure that the items are used for your levels otherwise the bank fills up with clutter and poor old Diago ends up sorting it out Twisted Evil

Proving Ground - It doesn't matter how many 70's you have or weather you are an officer in the guild, all players under level 20 play under the Proving Ground Rank, again I am setting up a limited use of the Guild Bank for items you are able to use, please see that they are used for the right purpose.

Initiate - This is exactly what the Ensign rank was supposed to be, I happen to think Filth had a very good idea with it, all NEW players, will be situated in this rank under a one month probation period, it will be possible to make the jump before the end of that month through showing a decent dedication to levels and being friendly and helpful towards guild members, anyone who has left the guild before and has returned will also be sorted into this rank. Certain terms apply here however. If you have left for the waiting times on the Doomhammer server, then decide to come back you have a valid reason to resume normal roles within the guild, if however you leave for any reason that is not deemed good enough by myself or one of the officers you will be an initiate once again.

Deserter - This one I'd like to get some votes on so I will be taking them in a poll on another post, this basically will just help us keep track of who is away from the guild by sorting them all into one rank, this includes alts that you have not played for a while, deserters are able to view the officer notes so that when they log in they will understand why they are there and upon appearing active, will once again be positioned back into their original ranks, the officers note would look something like AFG(Away From Game) "Rank Here".

That for now concludes the new levels if anyone has anymore creative suggestions I would love to hear them flower

See you all in game

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Ranks...   Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:07 am

why do we need to seperate raiders from non raiders?

the whole "just so we know who wants to or is interested in raiding" is a nullified argument due to the guild event calendar...so when a raid is set up...everyone who wants to go accepts and those who dont...dont...so whats the point in having a rank that, when the event/ raid is scheduled in the calendar will turn up the same results...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marvolo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Ranks...   Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:16 pm

There is an officer meeting on the 29th to discuss points such as this one Kit, I am going along with suggestions I've seen on the forum at this point in time.
As explained before this rank isn't even effective at the moment and points such as yours are just one of many reasons why it is a redundant rank.

Myself and all the other officers need to assess what people want and don't want, so any more feedback would be much appreciated.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Ranks...   Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 am

concerning the raiding ranks..
the only reason we'd need a seperate rank for raiding is to make invites via the calendar easier.
For this..i'd simply like to suggest a rank for chars that are at "end game" or level cap.
Level 80 basically..cos then the calendar can invite people in the guild based on the rank and they can then choose to accept or decline the invite.
It's not an ego thing..it's simply a logistics thing that makes using the calendar easier.
=]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/drazic
Marvolo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Ranks...   Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Draz's point makes much more sense...

We had an end game Rank for 70 so its obviously a good plan to have one for 80.

I will be keeping the 70 rank open however as this is the rank that gives access to the northrend tab(s).

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Ranks...   

Back to top Go down

Concerning Ranks...
Page 1 of 1