Home of Rend Asunder World of Warcraft Guild on Doomhammer

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Casually Hardcore???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Filj

PostSubject: Casually Hardcore???   Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Ok first off I'd like to thank all those who are reading this and for any feedback you can give about the following idea's suggestions about a possible restructure to allow those who want to progress and raid with committed times and schedule's to feel like a part of a hardcore raiding team, whilst allowing those who are leveling or those who don't have much play time to be as casual as they want with no pressure to progress any faster than they feel comfortable with.

So.... here goes =]

----------------------------------------------------
Part 1 - Ranks to reflect roles

Ranks within the guild should be used to reflect a persons role within the guild and less about how long they've been with the guild.

I suggest this by splitting the ranks down to 6 defining roles:

• Warlord = Guild master
  • Master Chief = Class Leaders who will assist their class with questions on spec's, class quests, and cast/shot/strike patterns
  • Quartermaster = The GM's extra eye's and ears and to provide assistance with guild issues like complaints and assisting with the organizing/distribution of guild bank items
  • Hardcore = People who have made them selves known to want to Raid/Instance on a regular basis, Commitments will be required of this
  • Casual = There is no pressure on this rank to level or instance or raid anymore than they wish to, but are still around to be asked to raid/instance if spare spots are needed but with no obligation to participate if they do not wish
  • Ensign = New people who are awaiting the end of their Trial period

Both the Master Chief and Quartermaster roles would be officer class with both roles having the same allowances under guild control but would only be expected to operate under their own rank's designated role. (i.e... somebody who is great at giving and leading a character class may not feel comfortable with dealing with complaints, where as the Quartermasters would partly be chosen for their ability to defuse/resolve issues)

One of the biggest things I'm aiming for with all of this is for people to be able to fit where they feel comfortable and have no more pressure put on them than they feel they can take on.

Part 2 - Recruitment

In my honest opinion I'm happy with this guild remaining a local guild for player within Plymouth and surrounding areas, so this i do not wish to change.

However things may need tightening with only a couple of changes

• When a request to join the guild is made only issue an invite once registration to the forum is complete. This is a simple request that takes less than 10 minutes... and lets face it, if somebody is willing to sacrifice their life/soul to blizzard and pay 8.99 a month for the honor, they can sign up to and use a friggin forum.
  • a 1 month trial period just to test the water on how they interact with people, whilst maintaining the standard that this is a guild that is trying to make a good name for it's self and being a dick will not be tolerated

Part 3 - Guild Rules

If the guild does start instancing regularly and eventually raiding rules need to be laid down for 3 key area's

• Guild Rules = Clear and concise rules about conduct within the guild
  • Instance Rules = Clear and concise rules about what we don't want to be seeing people doing in an instance, or what we don't want to get a /w from an angry hordie who's just been in an instance with you.
  • Raid Rules = Breaks down everything to do with raid team expectations from how long before the raid starts the invites will go out, and as such when you need be making sure you're online, what you're expected to bring to a raid like potions and reagents and how items will be distributed during raids

With this as a possible starting ground for combing raiding with casual play it is possible to make this guild a viable and friendly place for all types of players in Plymouth to come and join the community with as much or as little pressure as they wish.

Any feedback or thoughts are more than welcome,

Thanks for reading

/Filj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adularia

PostSubject: Re: Casually Hardcore???   Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:02 am

I personally think that is an excellent idea and completely agree with everything said. Quite right. Jen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Domiel

PostSubject: Filj :D   Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:09 am

True to the spirit of the rend and easy to understand ^^ Love you Mr. Filth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigga

PostSubject: Re: Casually Hardcore???   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:17 pm

cheers
very well said filj, very valid points and hopefully if this is stuck to then this guild will become great. all we need is to keep informing each other on raids, problems etc.. and hopefully all will work out well ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bodem

PostSubject: Re: Casually Hardcore???   Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:50 pm

i agree but as to the recruting wat about old plymothians who now live elseware in the uk can they join ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reevi

PostSubject: Re: Casually Hardcore???   Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:40 am

thats a good idea there are probably a few of them and we have the trial thing now anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orlah

PostSubject: Re: Casually Hardcore???   Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

aye! we likes it captain filth. in muchy agreeance =]
(i think i made that word up )
woot woot!
hehe.
xXx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spyke